Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Evaluation

Evaluation

Research- Research was the main body of this task as it allowed me to gain a clear understanding of how i should design my magazine. As i researched into more depth , i gathered a clear idea of the layout and what colour schemes would look sophisticated. I struggled with finding extra information to include in the magazine. I really struggled with finding quotes from celebrities displaying their views on music piracy.

Journalistic&Writing Skills- Due to me taking English combined as an A-level, I found this section quite simple to do. During this task, my strength was writing the journalistic piece whereas I found it hard to structure the piece as I wanted it to sound sophisticated.

The Indesign Skills-Indesign was quite a challenging piece of software to control but I soon got my head around it. It was pretty simple inserting images and text boxes but when it came to filling the backgrounds and changing the colours, I was unable to, so i stuck to dark and light grey tones but this had a perk as it made my DPS look rather sophisticated.

Web Publishing Skills- I had no luck in this area of work as I have no idea how to work blogger so I haven't uploaded a great deal of work to the site yet. I am finding blogger very challenging as I have never used a site like or similar to this and have had no guidance with it.

4 Targets I Have Set Myself:

  • Do extra research before hand so it's easier in the long run to piece together my work and analysis
  • Use Indesign regularly so I can get the jist of how to control it so I wont struggle in future and I wont waste time trying to find what buttons to press
  • Use blogger more regular so I am able to blog more work and recieve extra feedback
  • To research extra sources to back up my claims and make my reasons for why i have written what i have stronger



1 comment:

  1. Taylor we need your finished double page spread on your blogger. You need to explain the areas in your evaluation.Discuss all areas in detail with reference to examples.. We need to see the written journalism as well.

    ReplyDelete